9.06.2008

Did I mention I love it here?

I don't know if it technically counts as an Indian summer, but it feels like it. As we left the house it was 90 degrees outside and some of the leaves that have fallen filled a corner in the garage. Since we are going to be on the road for a bit we thought we would go get a nice long walk in and here is some of what we saw.

Little Claire was stoked to be out and watching the surfers and all of the fun stuff down at West Cliff Drive.

We were fortunate to arrive in the middle of a nice set and got to watch some good action. You never know what you will see and today, this super cool bike was one of my favorite sights.

My other favorite is watching Claire and Jared take in the surfing action.

I am always amazed at the great things that we encounter on our walks. Today, not only were there all sorts of spectacular sights, there were several people playing bongo drums in a few different places. Also the surf was very high and as the waves crashed a lot more spray came up onto the sidewalk. I don't know if it is just my new and improved superpower of smell, but the salt was intoxicating and the sweet smell of the ocean was more intense and alive for some reason today. It was a great gift.

No comments: