1.28.2013

My thoughts on awesomenss

I am just going to go out there and say it now, while I am in a good space and believe it. I am awesome. Fact of the matter is, so are you. I don't know why, but it just feels so wrong to say that. Why? Who doesn't want to be awesome? Life is amazing, isn't it? Regardless of where you are and what your circumstances are, life is remarkable, beautiful, ugly, messy, rewarding and we were designed for it. I don't know why it is in the forefront of my mind right now. Perhaps it is because I have had a few different conversations with friends who are all incredible and struggle to accept that they are good and the world is better because they are in it, the way they are right now. I am not saying I am perfect or even working on being perfect because honestly I quit trying a while ago. Today I feel strong enough to know what I have to give and I am not going to try to do much beyond that. I accept that there are things that I don't have the energy to change. At the same time there are things that I can do and right now I am enjoying that. It is good, really good to be able to have a clear enough head to know that. I am moving slow enough to remember it. Being present in the moment and enjoying what I can so that I have a little bit more for the moments that are harder to get through. I wish that we weren't all inundated with all the messages about what we should be doing, eating better, parenting better, being more resourceful or whatever it is. I wish we lived in a world where we all go around commending each other for what we are doing well and supporting each other when things aren't going as smoothly. Honestly, there is a lot of that were I live here in hippieville. People are very excepting and encouraging, I think it's because fewer people have cable and magazine subscriptions. It is oddly uncomfortable to be around people who are so alright with themselves after a lifetime of trying to be smarter, prettier or more successful. I am starting to relax into it and will admit that it most likely seems strange to everyone else. But I don't care because I am awesome and so are you.

No comments: