7.16.2012

Full

July has been full. Lots of good stuff and some pretty hard stuff either way I think the best way to describe it is full to the brim. With the few moments that I get here and there I am attempting to read a bit and enjoying a book by Henri Nouwen. The girls have also been enjoying an album that I got for myself so that has been a particular treat. Since I don't have my whits about me enough to write about all the other stuff swirling in my head (don't worry, it's coming, will post eventually) I thought I would share this video of the girls favorite song and a few quotes that have given me food for thought.



“When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.”
Henri J.M. Nouwen, The Road to Daybreak: A Spiritual Journey 

“Somewhere we know that without silence words lose their meaning, that without listening speaking no longer heals, that without distance closeness cannot cure.”
Henri J.M. Nouwen

No comments: