7.26.2009

Anoiting With Oil


Last Sunday was the baby dedication at our church. We realized that with all of the stuff that was swirling around in our life for the last 3 and a half years, we never had Claire dedicated. So we took the opportunity to dedicate both Chloe and Claire. We have been blessed with an amazing church that we are part of. The dedication was different than others that I have seen, it was so special. As a prayer was said, we anointed the girls oil, Jared Chloe and I Claire.





This was the Prayer:
May her mind have Your wisdom
May her eyes see Your Glory
May her ears hear Your voice
May her mouth tell Your truth
May her heart be Your home
May her hands do Your work
May her feet follow wherever You lead
And may her knees only bow before You,
her loving Lord and God.
I was really surprised at how intense an experience it was for me, it has taken a few days to process it all, thus the delay in blogging. As I touched her hands it was as if it all hit me at once, God is going to use these. I continued and touched her feet and her knees. I am just so in awe of a God who not only does not discriminate, He excels at using the weak and the broken. As I continue to process what happened that morning, what we promised our church, what they promised us and what I know God has promised I am so encouraged. It is as if the weight that I put on myself was lifted. We are always working, on standing, hand use, communication and we will continue to. But the difference is the realization that God is already at work, using who Claire is right now. I loved the process of publicly recognizing that the girls are a gift from God. If only I could do that every day for everything in my life. With all this rattling around in the back of my head, we come to bedtime tonight. We did our usual, two girls in the bath tub, fun splashing routine. After Chloe was down and the lights were out, Claire got a huge frown face. The dramatic frown that quivered slightly with one giant tear slowly rolling down her cheek. I talked with her and asked some questions to try to figure it out. It is really a tough thing to explain to a three year old that Jesus loves her so much, that He made her special so she can't talk. Lucky for me as we had this conversation the cat came and sat on her pillow and nudged her head, for this a small smile broke. So in this literally dark hour, as I sat by the bed with a sweet little girl, I am awe struck. That she does know the peace of the Lord, weather she knows it or not. Could it be, that God can work through fat kitty cats too? The picture is of the lovely Claire, on the way to the church building for the dedication.

No comments: