1.22.2009

So excited!

I haven't been blogging much lately because I have been using all of my energy to communicate with several schools and all of Claire's various people. Today we had a very exciting day. She got to go back for her second day of school to Mount Hermon's Playschool. Playschool is a really neat preschool that has many fun things that Claire really enjoyed, mainly lots of kids. She had great fun playing with clay, watching the fish and hanging around the train table. When I went to pick her up she was beaming, she was so happy. We then got to take a break at home for a little down time and food before heading off to physical therapy. Sue our amazing PT could notice a huge difference in Claire's demeanor. Since she has spent most of the morning having fun and playing, her body was very loose. She was able to take several steps while holding onto a swing, a very unstable object. As we left Claire was so proud of herself for doing such a good job. I can't believe how hard she worked, but she was so excited to be able to put the pieces together and do it. She was really aware of where her body was and what she was doing. She knew that she was doing things that don't normally come. We came home, both of us exhausted from the rigours workout. I was surprised that she didn't crash in the car. When we got up to our place I laid her down, took off her shoes and read a story. Certainly, she was close to sleep. Imagine my surprise when I went in her room 45 minutes later to find her in her bed laughing and playing. We had a little talk about how exciting it was that she had such a great day and important it is that she sleep so that we can play later on when Daddy comes home. Amazing, after that she went right out. Here is a video of what I saw when I went in, before our chat. Thought I would get it on tape, in case I need to remember of great she is some other time when she is overtired and unruly.

No comments: