5.10.2012

More Adventures in Surgery

It's been a while since I blogged about a surgery and honestly it's been nice. Not recovering from people cutting you open is great but apparently not something I was designed to enjoy for too long. I mentioned in my previous post that I was expecting a surgeon's office to contact me to schedule my "treatment" which happens to be in about 10 hours. I have been through much worse than this. I had my throat slit open just a few months after the c-section that began the adventures of Chloe. I have had many-a-colonoscopy, even on my birthday a few years consecutively. I had the pleasure of hanging out in the chemo unit to get my infusions that took a few hours when I was 19, this sort of stuff should be old hat by now. Surprisingly, it's not. This week I received a letter in the mail from the doctors office. Seeing the words "treatment for your cancer" in black and white was really surreal, even if it is really just a skin thing. However, there are many perks to the kind of treatment or surgery or whatever they want to call it that I am having in the morning. For one, I get to eat breakfast. Secondly, I don't feel like hell right now as I most often do before any type of Chrone's related doctor stuff. So to celebrate this easy procedure of sorts Jared made me a super fancy dinner. Peanut butter and strawberry jelly on wheat with my favorite Toolbox wine all enjoyed in a relaxing bubble bath. I'd say that I am getting pretty good at this whole patient thing, we will see, I will write the rest of the story when I am done tomorrow.

1 comment:

Erica said...

ill be thinking about you! please keep me posted today as I have clinic and it will be a nutty day. all will go wonderfully! love you!