3.27.2010

I love it when I wake up and this is what we do!


Let me start by saying that this post is not about politics. If you are for or against the health care reform I really don't care. However, with all that stuff going on a group on facebook caught my eye and I have been very troubled by it. So I will rant about it here and be done with it. I had seen three or four people that have joined the group "I hate it when I wake up in the morning and Barack Obama is President." So I looked at it and there are nearly half a million "fans". Seriously?!?! I hate it when there are so many whiny Americans who take so much for granted! Last I checked most people that have facebook also have a computer with Internet or a ridiculously expensive phone. They also live in a place where for the most part you can drive around (in it's own right something else we take for granted) without fear of being held at gun point, go to the grocery store and purchase fresh fruit that is flown in from all over the world so that we aren't kept from enjoying whatever fruit we feel like regardless of if it is in season. If somehow there was an auto-accident along the way there would be an emergency response team that would do whatever they could to save your life. Then there is just the fact that you are alive, be grateful! Life is a gift, if you are alive, regardless of who the president is, make it a good day. You might say that's easy for you who has a charmed life. It is true, I lead an amazing life and have many blessings, it hasn't been without it's hardships and any day that I enjoy is because I choose to. Perhaps if there was a group "I hate it when I wake up and my daughter has Rett Syndrome" I might consider clicking to join, but I doubt it. For the most part when I wake up I pray and thank Jesus that we all woke up, then go for a nice walk and listen to the waves.


1 comment:

Erica said...

well done! as i sit here feeling sorry for myself...perfect timing. im going back outside to enjoy our fantastic weather in our beautiful backyard!